About Sahaja Meditation and Sahaja Online
What can you expect exclusively from Sahaja Online?
- Live streamed, guided meditation sessions led by expert instructors, combined with customized do-it-yourself meditation routines.
- Meditation for holistic healing of deep-seated problems, including addiction, depression, sleep disorders and ADHD.
- Meditation routines to address common, day-to-day issues including managing relationships, parenting, career advancement, and many others.
- Meditation for actualization of self-improvement and spirituality.
- One-on-one consultations and special sessions for long-term committed practitioners.
- Email consultation.
- An exhaustive collection of reading material and learning resources.
- All our programs and services are offered entirely free to the public. Sahaja Online is funded through private donations from volunteers and well-wishers.
If you’re overwhelmed with stress and anxiety, and you feel the need for a complete makeover of your physical, mental and emotional self, a powerful form of meditation like Sahaja can help.
When you find it hard to juggle your career, family commitments and other pressures, recharge with an online meditation session, in the convenience of your own home. Life is short and so is everyone’s time, yet rejuvenating yourself is easier than you might imagine, with live sessions streamed directly to your favorite device.
If you’ve been soul searching, a deeper form of guided meditation with personalized attention and coaching may be the answer. We specialize in live, instructor-led, online meditation, taught by experts from around the world. Their support, guidance and feedback can help you stay on track to develop a long-term meditation routine.
Through regular, committed practice, you will experience more balance in your life, greater confidence and a powerful sense of independence.
Sahaja meditation is your own, empowering tool for self-discovery and self-improvement. When you’re at the cusp of a revolutionary change in your life, sensing a turning point, Sahaja’s Self-Realization and Thoughtless Awareness based meditation can change your life forever.
Sahaja meditation is your convenient, holistic solution if you’re tired of struggling with over-simplified DIY meditation techniques, impersonal videos and apps, or if one-dimensional mindfulness techniques don’t seem effective.
We work with people with all levels of exposure to meditation. If you’re completely new to meditation, help is offered at each step of the way. You’ll have access to an expansive collection of resources, as well as personal coaching, and a supportive online community.
Not Your Typical Meditation Practice
As with any meditation method, you can expect the Sahaja technique to help reduce stress and leave you feeling more calm, peaceful and balanced; however, Sahaja has much more to offer – a wealth of health benefits backed by scientific research.
Sahaja meditation is a form of healing therapy for depression and addiction, and a way to develop positive motivation alongside routine medical treatment. If you’re a parent eager to augment your child’s ADHD treatment with an adjunct therapy, then Sahaja is a perfect supplement at no cost.
When was the last time you rested your head on your pillow and the next thing you knew, you were waking up fresh and energetic to start your morning routine? With your commitment, our targeted meditation programs for sleep can give you that kind of deep sleep experience.
What if you had the power of healing yourself holistically through a force and energy you can awaken within yourself? Sahaja meditation sessions for holistic healing teach you how to quiet your mind and focus healing energy on specific issues.
At its core, Sahaja meditation is a personal journey that can help you uncover your Inner Self and enhance your life with more meaning and purpose.
Who We Are and What We Do
Sahaja meditation is a technique that has been used for the last 50 years in over 90 countries. It is a time‐tested method that helps us lead more productive, well‐balanced, and healthy lives.
Through a series of meditation techniques, Sahaja Meditation works with your inner, spiritual energy, awakening it, and guiding it to connect with the greater cosmic energy, or collective unconscious, that exists all around us.
Sahaja Online was created by a team of meditation professionals from different walks of life who all shared one common passion: a commitment to the practice of meditation and helping people transform their lives.
We offer the very best tangible experience of spirituality, yoga, meditation and enlightenment – in the comfort of your own home, and at your own pace.
At Sahaja Online, we offer an expansive collection of workshops and educational resources to help you establish or deepen your Sahaja meditation practice.
When renowned spiritual leader Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi developed the Sahaja meditation technique in 1970, her goal was to simplify the difficult methods of ancient mystics and make meditation easily accessible to everyone – for free.
“Something as precious as an individual’s spiritual ascent can never be bought.”
– Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
We believe in spreading peace and positivity, and our online platform makes it easy.
Join Us Online from Anywhere
Our live, instructor-led sessions are available anywhere, and on any device at a variety of times for your convenience. You can request one-on-one and specialized sessions or seek information from our coaches to customize your meditation practice.
When you join Sahaja Online you become part of a supportive, engaged community always willing to help.
All our sessions require RSVP and many of them are by invitation only, once we’re confident that the combined effort of your daily practice and our instructors are producing the best outcomes for both of us.
David is an architect, husband and father of two, and longtime Sahaja meditation practitioner.Dedicated to the practice of Sahaja, David now enjoys sharing the timeless techniques of Sahaja meditation, empowering others to achieve a rich inner life full of balance, strength, and compassion.
An enthusiastic coach in the fields of health and wellness, reading, and Sahaja, Louisa is a New Yorker who now lives in Florida. She discovered Sahaja over fifteen years ago and was fascinated by what it could offer to her life and the world at large. It inspired her to take up coaching as a way to transform people's lives in as many ways as possible.
With over 22 years of experience in Sahaja practice, Melanie brings a fresh approach to teaching, sharing the techniques that led her to discover the energy within, which is of importance amidst today’s busy lifestyles.
Dr. Ashish Pradhan
Expert Sahaja instructor and accomplished physician, Ashish Pradhanlearned Sahaja concepts directly from the founder of Sahaja. Ashish has been keenly involved in Sahaja public programs and medical conferences in India, Europe, Canada, and the United States.
As a Sahaja practitioner for over 10 years, Mar’yana teaches Sahaja meditation in a variety of settings. With an undergraduate degree in philosophy, Mar’yana traveled to Canada to pursue her graduate studies where she is now completing a PhD in philosophy.
Shamik Ghosh found Sahaja as an undergraduate student in India. With persistent practice, Sahaja has become a rejuvenating force in Shamik’s daily life. As a busy technology professional, husband, and father of two, Shamik relies on Sahaja as a bedrock of strength and peace.
The Sahaja Online team is grateful to the following individuals for making Sahaja Online a reality:
Shankar Ramani – Sahaja practitioner, Chief Architect, and creator of Sahaja Online
Debbie Curtis – Concept, writing, scientific research and brand consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
About the practice, benefits and what to expect
About our Online Meditation
What do I need to start practicing Sahaja online?
What steps are required to set up my Sahaja Online account and attend various sessions?
- Once you’re ready to start attending our online meditation sessions, the first step is to registeryour profile with Sahaja Online by providing a few bits of information about yourself.
- Once you’ve registered, you can check our Meditation Calendar page for Introductory programs and Ongoing meditation sessions. You’re welcome to attend multiple Introductory sessions if you feel you need them, although most people don’t need more than one Introductory program.
- If you begin to benefit from our meditation sessions and at some point would like to attend our Intermediate sessions with an Instructor, please visit our Contact page and submit your request to do so. Or drop a note to one of our coaches if you’re already interacting them.You’ll be asked some questions that help our instructors determine if you’re ready, and will be able to benefit from our Intermediate level sessions. You can typically expect a response within 2-3 days.
- Once you’re confirmed for our Intermediate sessions, you’ll receive email notifications along with a link and time to join these sessions. These sessions are not displayed on our Meditation Calendar page and are by email invitation only.
You may continue our Intermediate-level sessions for many months or even years. Upgrading to our Advanced Sessions can be handled in a few different ways…
- We may periodically send you intimation regarding potential In-Person Sahaja Online Contact Sessions in your area, provided there are other meditators within driving distance who are interested.
- If you really want to attend an Advanced Session soon, you can contact your instructor and we’ll try to route you to the closest upcoming session nearby, provided you can arrange your own travel. There are many possibilities for attending these sessions, including large Sahaja events or seminars for advanced practitioners.
How long are your online meditation sessions? What is the typical schedule of sessions?
What preparation or set up is required for attending your sessions?
What are the technical requirements (connectivity, devices etc..) for attending your online meditation session?
Can I share the online session joining information with friends or family so they can join even without registering on Sahaja Online?
Do you keep track of attendees in each session?
I’m facing technical issues. Who can help me?
I’m unable to join a session due to a limit on the number of attendees. What can I do?
Who we are and What we do
How is Sahaja different from other forms of meditation?
What is Sahaja meditation?
What is Sahaja Online?
Why is Sahaja meditation free?
What is the difference between live and D.I.Y. Sahaja meditation?
Can Sahaja conduct a live meditation program at my organization, work location or nearby venue?
About Sahaja meditation
What is Sahaja meditation?
Who’s behind the Sahaja organization?
How does Sahaja meditation differ from other forms of meditation?
What exactly happens during the practice of Sahaja meditation?
How long does it take before I begin to experience the benefits of Sahaja meditation?
Is it safe to practice Sahaja meditation?
Does Sahaja meditation interfere with other types of meditation or yoga practice or meditation?
Can Sahaja meditation help in curing any disorder?
Why is Sahaja offered free? Where’s the catch?
What challenges will I face? How difficult is it?
1. Establishing thoughtless awareness – You’ll find that thoughtless awareness is never consistent. It ranges from a few moments or seconds to a few minutes and is also intermittent and inconsistent. Some ways of tackling this problem are to humble down and surrender yourself to your own inner energy. Cooling your liver down with ice packs can also help stabilize your attention and enhance thoughtless awareness.
2. Establishing your vibratory awareness – Depending on the state of your energy centers, it may take a while for you to begin feeling vibrations. Regular foot soaking and daily meditation, along with clearing techniques explained on this website under the instructional videos can really help in establishing your vibrations sooner.
3. Regularizing your meditation schedule – Many people new to meditation struggle with this. We recommend that you set your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier each day and do your meditation the first thing in the morning. And make a conscious attempt to spend 15 minutes meditating before you go to bed. Once you do this every day for several weeks, you’ll eventually reach a point where not meditating doesn’t seem like the way to live your life, and meditation just becomes an integral part of your lifestyle.
This website features plenty of videos and information that can help you conquer these and other challenges.
What does the daily routine of a typical Sahaja practitioner look like?
About Sahaja Online
What is Sahaja Online?
Who’s behind Sahaja Online?
Can Sahaja conduct a meditation program at my organization, work location or nearby venue?
What information do you collect during the registration process and how do you use this information?
Can I delete my account with Sahaja Online?
Can I have a consultation offline or online with your instructors?
Are your instructors certified?
How can I maximize the benefits of Sahaja Online?
Is there a bait-and-switch strategy behind Sahaja online where you initially offering the benefits of this site for free, only to charge for them in the future? Are there any premium offerings that are only available to paid members?
How can I make donations to Sahaja Online?
Can I learn and practice Sahaja meditation on my own based on the information on your website and by not registering for your online sessions?
Can I teach Sahaja meditation to others?